The Children’s Progress Academic Assessment (CPAA) is an interim assessment, meant to be used in a formative way to identify student strengths and weaknesses and help teachers decide what students are ready to learn next.
The assessment is adaptive and includes built-in scaffolding. Question difficulty adjusts based on every response to provide the appropriate level of challenge for each child. When students respond incorrectly, they receive a second chance. A follow-up question presents the same material in a different way. This unique feature allows the CPAA to pinpoint student misunderstandings more precisely and provide teachers with specific instructional recommendations to help every child excel.
- Appropriate for universal screening and progress monitoring
- Quick group administration (15-30 min, 3-6 times/year)
- Child-friendly and developmentally appropriate
- Difficulty adapts to performance
- Content bank contains 10,000+ items
- Covers early literacy and mathematics
- Available in English and Spanish (for English language learners)
Check out sample assessment questions below or click here to read about which concepts are covered.
Pre K – 3rd Grade Sampler
Pre K Sampler
Kingergarten – 1st grade Sampler
2nd grade- 3rd grade Sampler
CPAA – Spanish Language Version (for ELL students)
Pre K Sampler
1st grade Sampler
2nd grade Sampler
Request a demo to see the assessment in action and learn more.